1. Stop comparing yourself to others.
2. Stop putting yourself down, and attacking yourself with your own thoughts and words.
3. Don’t reject compliments. Instead of automatically brushing them off, recognise that what has been said is true.
4. Deliberately affirm yourself throughout the day with positive statements like “I am a valuable person; I am unique and have talents and gifts; I am likeable and loveable.”
5. Surround yourself with positive people who can see, and affirm, your worth and value. At the same time, avoid critical and negative people who get a kick out of putting others down.
6. Make a list of the goals you have achieved, and your minor and major successes in life.
7. Make a list of your top 10 traits and remind yourself of these important qualities.
8. Be true to yourself. It’s important that you live an authentic life and be the person you were meant to be. Don’t try to be a replica of anybody else. You have so much to offer – so always be yourself.